Alumasc Code of Conduct
Ethical behaviour underpins the way we behave, do business and treat one another. Our values determine our behaviour and we must support and uphold them so that they are an integral part of day to day life. The Alumasc code of conduct (Business Ethics policy) aims to guide our actions and those of people with whom we work closely, encouraging a way of working which is honest, responsible and respectful, generating trust. We ensure that the standards in this code are communicated to and understood by them.
- We are open and honest and try to act fairly;
- We comply with legal, regulatory and licence requirements;
- We do not tolerate corruption in any form, whether direct or indirect;
- All employees should avoid situations were personal interests could conflict, or appear to conflict, with the interests of the Company;
- All employees must ensure that his/her conduct does not provide, or give the appearance of providing, him/her with personal gain at the expense of the Company or external business contact;
- We compete vigorously, but honestly, observing proper standards of market conduct;
- Making or receiving of illegal payments or inducements, such as bribes, are contrary to the policy of the Group;
- We respect the confidentiality of information disclosed to us in confidence;
- High standards of corporate governance are integral to the way we manage our business.
- We treat people with fairness, respect and decency;
- We help employees to develop their potential;
- We do not discriminate on any grounds other than the ability to work effectively;
- We provide healthy, safe and secure work environments and each employee is to ensure that his/her conduct does not place their personal safety or the safety of others in jeopardy;
- Each employee is to conduct himself/herself in a professional, mature and responsible manner at all times.
Environment and community
- We contribute to the social and economic well-being of those communities where we are an employer;
- We listen to neighbouring communities and take account of their interests;
- We work to minimise the adverse environmental impact of our business operations.